2 Easy Homemade Recipes to Get Natural Hair Highlights
Check out 2 easy homemade recipes below that will give you beautiful highlighted hair in no time:
Beer should be the most convenient way to highlight your hair, only that you should do it on a day with bright sunshine.
- Wash your hair with shampoo as usual and rinse
- Empty 4 bottles of light colored beer (like Corona) into a basin and saturate your hair in the beer for a few minutes
- Squeeze the beer out with your fingers, no towel dry or blow dry
- Head outside and let the hair dry in the sun
- About an hour later, come back home and rinse out hair with clean water.
- Repeat the above 2-3 times a week and you will see natural sun-kissed highlights added to your hair.
One of the best known ways to get natural highlights at home is lemon. Also, make sure it’s sunny when you apply it.
- Wash and condition your hair as usual, then towel dry it.
- Squeeze juice from fresh lemons till you get 1/4 cup, pouring it into a spray bottle.
- Fill the bottle with 3/4 cup of water and mix
- Spritz the lemon water onto damp hair (not the scalp)
- Leave the mixture on your hair for around 2 hours, spending at least 30 minutes in the sun
- Rinse and condition your hair.
Lemon juice can dry your hair so make sure you condition your hair before and after using this recipe.
Posted on Mon, Aug 27th, 2012From girls on the street to our favorite celebrities, dip-dyed hair is everywhere, proving it is one of the hottest hair highlight trends in fall 2012. And...
Posted on Tue, May 8th, 2012Highlighted hair is chic, sexy and funky! That’s why many of us love to head to the salon to get hair highlights. But it could be very damaging to the...
Posted on Wed, Dec 21st, 2011Hair coloring is very popular now, if you never change your hair color, you are out! Want to have the perfect hair color and you do not have much budget? Now...
Posted on Mon, Jun 4th, 2007Highlighting men's hair at home? Why not? Just follow the instructions, do it eigther by yourself or a friend, it is fun and creative!