- Use a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. Matrix Biolage Color Care Shampoo and Matrix Color Smart Protective Shampoo are two products that offer products especially made for different kinds of color treated hair.
- Deep condition hair once a week.
- Avoid chlorine when hair is colored ' it can turn strands into shades of green. If you want to go swimming, put a leave-in conditioner on hair before getting into the water.
- Do not do another chemical treatment for 1-2 weeks. Over processing can cause hair to fall our or break off.
- To keep hair highlights looking their best, touch up long hair every 6-12 weeks, depending on how drastic of a change from your original hair color.
- Shorter hair will show roots more obviously, and may have to be done every 4-6 weeks.