Reasons to Get a Hair Highlighting at Home
Posted by HaircolorChameleon on Wed, Jul 19th, 2006
Instead of the professional assitance, you can always create your own hair highlight at home. Here are the reasons:
- Because getting a salon highlight can be expensive and hard to work into a busy schedule, many people are choosing to use DIY home kits.
- With the many choices available, it is important to choose a kit that is easy to use and produces good results.
- High lighting, low lighting, and refinishing toners for currently highlighted hair are all available in several formulas, depending on your current color.
- It also offers a precision brush for control, and how-to videos online. Many other brands offer similar options.
To pick the best color, follow these simple guidelines:
- Pink-toned people should avoid red shades
- Yellow-toned people may want to stay away from yellows or orange based colors
- Olive-toned people may want to go darker and use low lights
Some more tips on home hair highlighting:
- Always do an allergy test before dying your hair. Even if you have used the brand before, an allergy may have developed.
Instead of using the gloves provided, you may want to purchase your own better fitting gloves.
- Unless the directions state otherwise, apply color to dry, unwashed hair.
- Hair highlights should go on the top layer for the best visibility. However, if you change your part or switch styles frequently, consider doing a layer or two below that to keep from looking unbalanced.
- Highlight from back to front, so you do not drag your arm through the colorant.
- Asking a friend to help with coloring can produce better results, as she or he can help with the back.
- When in doubt, leave the color on for less time instead of more.
Posted on Mon, Aug 27th, 2012From girls on the street to our favorite celebrities, dip-dyed hair is everywhere, proving it is one of the hottest hair highlight trends in fall 2012. And...
Posted on Tue, May 8th, 2012Highlighted hair is chic, sexy and funky! That’s why many of us love to head to the salon to get hair highlights. But it could be very damaging to the...
Posted on Wed, Dec 21st, 2011Hair coloring is very popular now, if you never change your hair color, you are out! Want to have the perfect hair color and you do not have much budget? Now...
Posted on Mon, Jun 4th, 2007Highlighting men's hair at home? Why not? Just follow the instructions, do it eigther by yourself or a friend, it is fun and creative!